Pick the perfect gift for your aspiring gymnast whether it be a book, game or something to help with extra practice.
Let’s dive into the best gift ideas for gymnasts!
Table of Contents
- Home practice gifts for a gymnast
- Gifts for a gymnastics workout
- Gifts to inspire a gymnast
- Gifts a gymnast can wear
- Gifts to decorate a gymnast’s bedroom
- Gymnastics toys and games
- Gymnastics accessories
Home practice gifts for a gymnast
1. Tumbl Trak Laser Floor Beam. Practice jumps, leaps, rolls and walkovers without the fear of falling from a height. Tumble Trak equipment is very well made and is found in professional gym facilities around the world.
2. Tumbl Trak 5-in-1 Gymnastics Bar. My favorite set of bars for home use because of the ability to switch between uneven bars, parallel bars, a single bar, double bars or be used to support mats.
3. FB-Sport Air Track. An Air Track is a must-have for home practice, especially tumbling and acrobatic skills. FB-Sport sells premium quality Air Tracks in a range of colors and sizes. Use the code completegymnastics for a 10% discount at checkout on their website.
4. Dollamur FLEXI-Roll® Mat. A gymnastic mat is ideal for practicing floor skills. The Flexi-Roll mat isn’t sprung but it does look and feel exactly like a professional gymnastics floor. The clever design means it can be rolled away into a small package when not in use.
5. Incline or Wedge Mat. An incline helps gymnasts practice rolls, walkovers and other skills that need a bit of extra momentum to turn over. Combine an incline with a gymnastics mat at the bottom for extra practice space.
6. Cartwheel Mat. Learning how to cartwheel properly is super important in gymnastics. A cartwheel mat will help visualize the hand and feet placement on a soft landing. The Z-Athletic cartwheel mat also has a beam line on the reverse which is super handy.
Gifts for a gymnastics workout
7. Stretching Strap. A stretching strap for gymnasts will help them improve flexibility and reduce the chances of injury. This CTRL stretching snap also comes with a guide and carry bag.
8. Balance Board. A balance board is a great way to develop core strength and improve muscle strength. I prefer boards with a rubber surface as they prevent the feet from slipping.
9. Ankle Weights. Ankle weights add extra resistance during workouts. The extra weight will help develop strength and burn calories.
10. Weighted Medicine Ball. A medicine ball can be used to develop strength across all areas of the body.
11. Foam Roller. A foam roller is a great way to massage muscles, especially deep muscle groups. When used regularly it will reduce the chance of injuries and increase flexibility. This version from 321 Strong comes with a free e-book guide.
Gifts to inspire a gymnast
12. Flying High, The Story of Simone Biles. Flying High is the story of record-breaking gymnast Simone Biles, from her early childhood through to her success as an Olympian.
13. She’s Got This, Laurie Hernandez. Laurie Hernandez is the Olympic gymnast turned author in this inspiring book for gymnasts. The story follows a budding gymnast, Zoe, and all of the ups and downs in the life of a gymnast.
14. I’ve Got This, Melisa Torres. Trista has just enrolled in gymnastics, follow her story as she battles to make the team.
15. Courage to Soar, Simone Biles. This is the official autobiography of Olympic gold medallist, Simone Biles. Her early life was not easy and included time in foster care. Find out how she overcame many obstacles to become the G.O.A.T.
Gifts a gymnast can wear
16. Obersee Girl’s Girls Gymnastics Leotard – Abby Purple. Every gymnast needs a leotard that looks amazing! Obersee has a really wide range of cool-looking leotards. My favorite is the Abby Purple one below. The fabric is made of great quality and gives gymnasts a full range of motion when they are training. Use code OBERSEE7OFF at the checkout for 7% off all orders.
17. United All Around Leotard. If you prefer slightly less expensive leotards on Amazon, United All Around is a great choice. For around $30 you can pick up a design like the Flower design below.
18. Love Gymnastics Hoodie. If your looking for something to keep you warm then this hoodie could be for you. The loose-fitting is ideal for wearing during warm-ups.
19. Gymnastics Jacket. If you prefer a jacket to wear to gymnastics then this could be for you. It’s made with a choice of glitter on the design…. everyone loves glitter!
20. This is my handstand T-Shirt.
21. JANT Gymnastics Sweatpants. Sweatpants are great for traveling to the gym or even warming up on a cooler day. These sweatpants have pockets too.
Gifts to decorate a gymnast’s bedroom
22. Gymnastics Duvet Cover Set. A duvet cover with a gymnastics image is perfect for a gymnast’s bedroom. This cover comes in a range of sizes and is super comfy.
23. Sleep Gymnastics Pillowcase. After a hard training session at the gym, this pillowcase is the perfect place to rest your head.
24. Tumble, Flip and Twirl Wall Art. Gymnastics wall art is perfect for gymnasts of any age. It’s a great way to add a finishing touch to a gymnastics-themed bedroom.
25. Gymnastics Wall Stickers. Gymnastics wall stickers are another great way to personalize a gymnast’s bedroom. These vinyl stickers can be applied to most smooth surfaces.
26. 3D Artistic Gymnast Night Light. A gymnastics night light is a really cool way to light up a bedroom at night. Gymnasts will love this night light as it switches between seven colors using a remote control.
27. Gymnastics Rug. A gymnastics rug is a great addition to any gymnast’s bedroom floor.
28. Gymnastics Curtains. Gymnastics curtains complete the dream bedroom for a gymnast!
29. Gymnastics Medal Hanger. Every successful gymnast needs somewhere to hang their medals. A gymnastics medal hanger makes I even more special.
Gymnastics toys and games
30. Fantastic Gymnastics Game. This game is so much fun and will keep the kids hooked for hours. Aim to get the perfect 100-score by landing the gymnast on his feet.
31. Fantastic Gymnastics Vault Challenge. The Vault version of the Fantastic Gymnastics games challenges you to flip the gymnast over the vault and stick the landing.
32. Barbie Gymnast. This will inspire young gymnasts as it has all the pieces for a beam routine with coach Barbie and her young gymnast. The launch pad at the end will flip the gymnast into her dismount.
33. Team USA Doll Clothes Set. A realistic doll’s outfit is perfect for any aspiring gymnast. This Emily Rose set is suitable for 18-inch dolls and comes with a leotard, mat and medal
34. Scrunchies. Scrunchies are essential for all gym bags! Keep long hair tied back with a cool gymnast-inspired scrunchie.
35. Gymnastics Mug. A super cool coffee mug that says it all… ‘I Love Gymnastics’
36. Gymnastics Drawstring Bag. A drawstring bag is ideal for packing those essentials for gym practice.
37. Gymnast Duffel Bag. A Gymnast duffel bag is ideal if you need that bit more space packing for gym practice. This bag has a cool sequin pattern and a zipper to keep all of your gym gear safe.